Dolphin Swim School (DSS) Children’s Lessons
- Terms and Conditions –
The following terms and conditions apply to all parents and/or guardians of any child attending swimming lessons organised by DSS. Please ensure you read and understand the following:
Accepting our terms and conditions:
- By booking a swimming lesson for your child with us, you accept these terms and conditions and they will form a binding contract between us.
- You will ensure that your child or any other children you bring to the pool will follow the general swimming pool rules and the instructions of any of the pool staff.
- We reserve the right to edit our terms and conditions where necessary and any such amendments will be posted to our website dolphinswimschool.ie.
DSS swimming lessons:
- All children are permitted in the pool for the duration of their DSS lessons only and there is no access to any pool area after this time
- DSS has two group swimming types as follows:
- Weekly lessons for a period of 11 weeks. Each lesson on a course will take place on the same day and at the same time for the duration of the term
- Intensive swim lessons over 5 days during a school holiday period. Each lesson on our intensive course will be at the same time every day for 5 consecutive days
All lessons will start on time at the agreed start time. If your child arrives late for the scheduled lesson, we regret that cannot extend your lesson time and the lesson will finish at the scheduled end time.
Private Swim Lessons:
- Private lessons are on a 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 basis, and are for a 45 minute duration each. These lessons are individual bookings and are on a first come first served basis.
- Lessons may be booked in blocks of 4 lessons and must be paid for upfront and in full.
Registration and Contacting Us:
- Registration for a course of lessons will be done on a first come first served basis. Places are limited, so NO bookings will be taken without payment. New term bookings are taken at week 8 of the current (11 week) term in progress (11 week).
- If you are contacting us by phone, please call Bart on (01) 2833528 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fee for lessons will be confirmed to you at the time of booking. You are required to pay for the full term, even if your child misses a lesson for any reason.
- Payment must be made in full before the start of each term. No Exceptions will be made.
Illness and Medical Condition:
- We regret that we do not provide refunds or credits for absence from booked lessons due to illness, regardless of the number of lessons missed. However, if your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him/her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any conditions that requires hospitalisation and or medical attention), then we may offer you credit for all lessons missed, if you inform us no less than 48 hours before the first lesson to be missed.
- You are also required to inform us my phone or email of all medical conditions affecting your child, regardless of severity.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your child is medically fit to swim. We will not be liable for any accidents or injuries arising from swimming with us that relate to your child’s individual medical condition(s).
Requests to Make Changes to Lesson Time or Day or Requests for Credits:
- You will not have the right to change the day, time, or venue for your child’s lessons for any reason once the term has started. However, subject to availability and at our discretion, we may allow you to do so if we deem that your request is reasonable.
- We regret that we cannot give refunds if your child refuses to get into the water or you decide that you no longer want your child to attend the course. However, we can discuss of possibility of giving you credit for another swim term in such cases.
- Issued credits can be transferred to another DSS swim lesson term subject to availability. If we agree to give you credit for unused lessons a credit note will be issued to you which will have a clearly indicated expiry date, and this credit note should be presented by you when booking.
Cancellation by You:
- If you cancel a single lesson or a term of lessons after you have paid for it, we are not obliged to provide you with any credit or refund.
Cancellation by Us:
- If we determine that there is insufficient support for a term of lessons, we reserve the right to cancel, suspend, or postpone that term before the date of the scheduled lesson. We will give you as much notice as possible in any such cases, and we will give you a full refund for the term in question should the alternative term date or time be unsuitable for you.
- We will make every effort not to cancel lesson(s) once the term has started, but on rare occasions, pool closures or other unforeseen circumstance may force us to do so. We will give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation. In the event of such cancellations, we will offer you substitute lesson(s) on dates designated by us. If you notify us that you are unable to attend the substitute lesson(s), in advance of the date scheduled for the substitute lesson(s), then we will issue you with a credit for the cancelled lesson(s). Credits issued in such situations can be used for subsequent swim lesson terms, subject to availability. Should you not accept the substitute lesson or do not wish to re-book for a subsequent swim lesson term, we are not obliged to issue you with a refund.
- You are responsible for any children that you bring with you into any part of the swimming pool area and its environs (which includes the changing areas).
- You must ensure that children are fully toilet-trained before we can accept them as students.
- You must remain in the pool observation area for the duration of your child’s lesson. However, in certain circumstances where this is not possible, such as is the case with Covid19 social distancing restrictions, you will be informed at the earliest possible time of any new protocols in place regarding who can attend in the pool observation area.
- In the case where a limited number of people can attend at the pool observation area, you should satisfy yourself (before booking lessons) that your child is aware and happy to attend their swim lessons even if you can’t be present for the duration of them.
- Children are not the responsibility of DSS or its teachers until the child enters the swimming pool itself at the start of a lesson. Before and after the lesson, parents and guardians are responsible for the children
- Please do not interrupt teachers or distract pupils during lessons, unless your reason for doing so is a matter of health and safety.
- You must also ensure that any other children in your care, who are not part of the swimming lesson, are supervised at all times
- The class organiser is not responsible for any injury, or loss or damage to clothing or personal belongings.
- We regret that the taking of photos and/or video or any other type of recordings is strictly forbidden at the pool. It is the policy of DSS not to allow the use of mobile phones at its pools.
- DSS reserves the right to amend these regulations.
- Participants who do not adhere to the term and conditions and the general rules of the pool(s) may be removed from the list of participants without refund.
Covid19 Swim Lesson Terms and Conditions Addendum:
This addendum to our standard terms and conditions contains clauses specifically relating to Covid19 and the temporary changes to our operations in place as a result of the pandemic. It may be amended or withdrawn at any time based on government guidelines and legal requirements. An up-to-date version will be held on our website www.dolphinswimschool.ie at all times. The current version on our website supersedes any other version.
- Before attending your first lesson after our relaunch, you should familiarise yourself with the guidelines posted on our website dolphinswimschool.ie . If you believe that you will have difficulty adhering to the guidelines, you should speak to DSS immediately to discuss what options are available for you to attend your lessons
- Any breach of the guidelines will result in a warning being issued to you.
- Any further breaches of the guidelines will result in you being suspended from lessons. Upon suspension you will not be entitled to any refund or any replacement lessons for the lessons you missed due to your suspension
- You will be allowed to return to lessons once lockdown restrictions and Covid19 related procedures are no longer in place.
Covid19 Exposure and Symptoms:
If any of the following conditions apply to you or your child, you must inform DSS and not attend lessons for a period of 2 weeks or until you are symptom free:
- You have tested positive and have been confirmed as having the Covid19 virus
- You have travelled internationally and returned to Ireland from a country NOT in one of Ireland’s travel corridors in the last 14 days and have been instructed to self-isolate
- You have knowingly been in contact with someone who has travelled internationally and returned to Ireland from a country NOT in one of Ireland’s travel corridors in the last 14 days and have been instructed to self-isolate
- You have been exposed to a confirmed case of Covid19 and have been contacted by the HSE with instructions to quarantine
- You have developed any of the following symptoms:
Most common symptoms:
- dry cough
Less common symptoms:
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- chest pain or pressure
- loss of speech or movement
If you are tested for Covid19 and it is confirmed that you have Covid19, you must inform DSS immediately. By attending lessons you are declaring that to the best of your knowledge you have not been exposed to any of the conditions/situations in clauses (a), (b), (c), (d), or (e) above and that you are medically and physically fit to participate in swimming activities and that you do not pose a danger to the health and safety of yourself or others.
Events Out of Our Control:
We are not responsible for delays or cancellations of lessons due to events out of our control. This includes the postponement of swim lessons due to Covid19 related restrictions nationally and locally, and inclusive of any current or subsequent wave and the temporary lockdown of venues where an outbreak has been identified. We will resume lessons as soon as possible following any interruption to scheduled lessons and any lessons that you have paid for but not received will be delivered at that point. At such times, we will provide a replacement lesson and credit for that lesson.
In the event that you are unable to attend a lesson (for example due to your child’s sickness or holidays), we are unable to refund you as your payment secures your place for the full term.
If DSS is unable to run a lesson due to reasons beyond our control (such as Covid19 or severe or adverse weather conditions), we will not refund you. However, we will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with a replacement lesson.
All swim lessons and swimming related activities are attended at your own risk. DSS cannot make any representations or guarantees that attending a venue or participating in swimming is risk free.
Children attending lessons at the pool must ensure that they have:
- Swimsuit/Swimming trunks
- Swim cap
- Swimming Goggles
- Flip Flops or equivalent
- Good mood and ‘listening ears’